[PD] jMax Phoenix

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Wed Sep 22 19:02:24 CEST 2010

On Wed, 22 Sep 2010, Maurizio De Cecco wrote:

> By the way, jMax expressions are *compile* time expression (actually,
> load time expression), not objects like expr (that exists in jMax,
> coming straight from the ISPW). It is just a way to parametrise an
> abstraction/patch wrt its arguments.

Well, I was comparing to [expr] because the jMax expressions also exist in
messageboxes, where they behave more like [expr].

> Pd is not the end of history for the MAX language,

That's not what I mean, what I mean is that it's more worthwhile to fork
Pd than to fork (or revive) jMax.

> there is still a lot that can be done at the core level. jMax Phoenix is
> a kind of research project; for now, i am trying to make it usable;
> later, to provide strong reasons for using it, at least in some specific
> field or projects.

I think that some of those "core" features could become Pd externals
(albeit rather unusual ones).