[PD] control-flow (Re: jMax Phoenix)

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 23 09:28:23 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-22 20:58, Bernardo Barros wrote:
> Well maybe there is a Python object? If it has a neat and clean
> implementations would be brilliant.

i guess you are not really aware that there _is_ a python object?
and bindings to all other kinds of languages, like lua,...

> 2010/9/22 Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros2 at gmail.com>:
>> the only solution I see to write this kind of things in Max-like
>> languages is to allow the user to just open a text-box and write what
>> he/she wants in python or supercollider :-) that's for control
>> structures, loops, etc

if this is the only solution you see then you might really have some
problems with the way Pd works :-)

however, despite my brilliant defense of the Pd language, i would like
to point out that there are indeed a lot of control-flow things that you
cannot solve easily within a patcher language.
some of them will probably always become unreadable spaghetti.

that's why my second language is C/C++ (which i find much mor readable
and esp. writeable than python)

hmad
IOhannes