[PD] prosilica GigE camera

cyrille henry ch at chnry.net
Thu Sep 23 13:12:10 CEST 2010

Le 23/09/2010 12:16, IOhannes m zmoelnig a écrit :
> On 2010-09-23 11:36, cyrille henry wrote:
>> Hello Iohannes
>> thanks for the answer
>> sorry i missed the readme!
>>
>> the AVT backend is not compatible with the cam i've got.
>>
>> Supported cameras:
>> Prosilica GC, GS, GB, GE, GX, Manta
>>
>> mine is a blaster cam.
>
> have you tried, or did you just read the readme?
i tried the included test software, and it did not see my cam.

nusmuk at nusmuk:~/Bureau/AVT GigE SDK/bin-pc/x86$ sudo ./CLIpConfig -l
Searching for cameras ...
sorry, no camera was detected. Is there any plugged?

with wireshark, i can see some discussion between the computer and the cam.

> i _think_ that GigE is at least some "standard", so GigE cams should
> work....
i would not be surprised that it is a volunteer limitation of this software to use only some GigE cam.

>> the halcon driver look very restrictive.
>> i register, download the pakage.
>> but i did not have a licence.
>> where did you find the 30 day evaluation licence?
>>

> cannot remember exactly, either in one of the readmes that come with the
> package or on the website http://www.mvtec.com/download/registration.html).
>
> looking into my old emails, it seems like "theImagingSource" contacted
> my automatically and sent me the key (as well as a CD with the software
> (again!))
> make sure that your cam is supported by halcon...
yes, the blaster cam are listed in the compatibility hardware page.
i'll send a mail to the french dealer in order to have a 30 day trial.
thanks
Cyrille