[PD] coll alternative

Ivica Ico Bukvic ico at vt.edu
Thu Sep 23 04:12:20 CEST 2010

Does anyone have a good/practical alternative to the coll object? I've noticed some consistent xruns this object is causing when processing larger files (which seems surprising to me as operations it relies on should not be that CPU intensive).

Also, does anyone have any idea what might be possibly causing the xruns within the object itself. Could it be perhaps File I/O operations or the fact that dump object generates tons of operations down the pipeline (despite the fact that all of those are pretty benign in and of themselves, amounting mostly to routing and minor processing of output)?

Any thoughts would be most appreciated.

Best wishes,

Ivica Ico Bukvic, D.M.A.
Composition, Music Technology
Director, DISIS Interactive Sound & Intermedia Studio
Director, L2Ork Linux Laptop Orchestra
Assistant Co-Director, CCTAD
CHCI, CS, and Art (by courtesy)
Virginia Tech