[PD] jMax Phoenix

Jonathan Wilkes jancsika at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 23 23:33:40 CEST 2010

--- On Thu, 9/23/10, IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at> wrote:

> From: IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
> Subject: Re: [PD] jMax Phoenix
> To: "Jonathan Wilkes" <jancsika at yahoo.com>
> Cc: pd-list at iem.at
> Date: Thursday, September 23, 2010, 12:10 PM
> On 2010-09-23 11:10, Jonathan Wilkes
> wrote:
> >

> > I use keyboard shortcuts but they don't help the
> problem of
> > lining up objects with the mouse or with
> <shift-arrow>, and
> > of making connections between objects which requires a
> click in
> > a very specific place.  Actually I find making 24
> connections,
> > one-at-a-time with the mouse to be the most tedious
> part of the
>
> i also became quite used to using the autopatch feature
> introduced in
> pd-0.42 (true, in the beginning it was _very_ annoying; but
> once you get
> around that, it starts to become fun)

I thought it was in 0.43-- at least I'm using
Pd version 0.42.5-extended and there isn't the autopatching
feature.

I initially liked what I saw of the autopatching features in
Desiredata, but I haven't tried them enough to judge.  I also
seem to remember the possibility of increasing the mouse-over
radius around each inlet so you don't have to be so precise to
make a connection.

-Jonathan