[PD] a really fast-to-read codec in linux?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 24 21:31:38 CEST 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Matteo Sisti Sette wrote:

> When talking about video codecs, I think/thought there is actually no
> difference, that is, motion-jpeg would be just a name for "photo-jpeg
> used to encode a video stream" as opposed to encoding an image. Within
> the field of video encoding they would be just two names for the same
> thing.

they still have three different FOURCCs :

   "jpeg" for Photo-JPEG
   "mjpa" for Motion-JPEG-A
   "mjpb" for Motion-JPEG-B

but different lists of FOURCCs list them differently... it seems that
there are dozens of other variants of those, specific to various
companies. I only tried using the three above, IIRC.