[PD] [#expr] (was: jMax)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Sep 24 22:11:27 CEST 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> That's a really good point, and I think you're right that it is
> this kind of "if" behavior really belongs in a different object.

btw i just added sin() cos() exp() log() tanh() sqrt() abs() rand().

Now I would like to know, when you write something like [expr a*b+c], how
would you make those variables local. For example, if you have :

   [v $0-a]
   [v $0-b]
   [v $0-c]

How do you write an [expr] formula that uses those three variables. Now,
if there's no way to support that in [expr], how would I add support for
that in [#expr] ?

If they are going to work only with global variables, i'm not really
interested in those, because I can't use [expr a*b+c] in an abstraction
without causing a conflict of variables when instantiated more than once
(and perhaps even when instantiated just once !).