[PD] [#expr] (was: jMax)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Sep 25 15:07:01 CEST 2010

On Sat, 25 Sep 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> Hm, [expr a$0] works.

Yeah, but I'd use $0-a everywhere else. I'd like to be able to write 'a'
for '$0-a', and I know that there isn't a standard for local-variables in
Pd, but I'd like to pretend that there is one, and if I have to write a$0,
there isn't one. Furthermore, when I write a$0, I'm probably trying to
write a complicated formula and thus I'd rather not have $0 in my face. I
want to write 'a' for local variables, and if ever I want a global
variable, I wouldn't mind writing '::a' for it, because local is the most
common case by far.

So, how do you suggest that we do that ?