[PD] Real time Network Traffic geolocation patch

Jordi Sala poperbu at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 21:04:33 CEST 2010

Hi,

I'm doing some changes in pdpcap, I will change the general ip struct
definition, of course and I will look what happens at outlet10.  I expect to
have this changes done during next week.

Thanks a lot for your suggestions and your tests! If you (or any other) have
any other suggestion it would be very  helpful for me.

tx!

On 25 September 2010 16:39, Nicolas Montgermont <
nicolas_montgermont at yahoo.fr> wrote:

>  Hello Jordi,
>
> Cool thing the possibility to do tcpdump in pd!
> I was trying to build the version 0.0.3 on osx and i run into many errors
> due to some difference in headers in osx and linux:
>
> iphdr and icmphdr struct were not defined in osx,
> so i added their definition.
>
> and tcp and udp source and dest have different labelling:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tcphdr
> (the bsd standard seems to work on both platform though)
> so i changed them.
>
> it manages to compiles and now seems to run fine!
> except that i have zero hexadecimal data on the outlet10... and i'd love to
> have them.
>
> maybe it would be nice to use the general ip struct definiton if possible?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ip_%28struct%29
> attached is the diff between your file and mine.
>
> thx to share your work,

> osx 10.5.8
> pd-extended 0.42.5
>
> Le 24/09/10 01:28, Jordi Sala a écrit :
>
> Hi, I've made a patch to visualize on a world map the location of remote
> hosts that connects to our computer.
> Video demo: http://vimeo.com/15138625
>
>  Download the patch (It's a "dirty" patch) but I expect I works for most
> linux computers...
>
>  http://musa.poperbu.net/content/view/94/1/
>

> --
> http://nim.on.free.fr