[PD] GUI speed

András Murányi muranyia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 00:22:24 CEST 2010

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:45 AM, João Pais <jmmmpais at googlemail.com> wrote:

>  Well, it's not very exportable as i have modified/overwritten some
>> abstractions made by others. Baaad practice!
>> I'm trying to attach it now and i hope i works. Need pd-extended and many
>> libs from it, moonlib for sure.
>>

> not much, some abstractions are missing.
>
> anyway, even with the patch not working, I can see something is
> definitively wrong. just by opening it with audio off, I get consistent 50%
> cpu usage - which means it's using a whole processor of my dual core. unless
> one of the missing abs is the problem, I would suggest you spend some hours
> bug tracking.

yes, i've spent some nights bug tracking, and at one point i thought ask the
list too... :o)
something is definitely wrong!

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Ivica Ico Bukvic <ico at vt.edu> wrote:
> FWIW you may want to try to simply cut pieces of the patch while it is
> running and observe the cpu load meter until it drops. That way you should
> be able to locate the problem quicker.

yes, i was trying thing like this, and will go on until i find what i messed
up.
I was just starting to think that it's normal and i have to live with it (or
get a few more CPU cores) but now you guys reassured me that the bug is
somewhere... in the haystack

Andras