[PD] Newbie question about global tempo, metro

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Sep 28 15:55:04 CEST 2010

hello,

----- "jm jones" <juanmjv at gmail.com> a écrit :

> 2010/9/24 patko <colet.patrice at free.fr>:

> >  I would put the metro value as an abstraction variable, like $1,
> >  but protect it by using $0 of main patch as a variable too.
> > it would give sommething like [freq-seq $0 500],
> > then the values would be retrieved through an object's variable
> called with dollar number
> >
> > [metro $2] for retrieving time value, and [send $2-freqs] for
> sending value,
> >
> > then [receive $0-freqs] in main patch.
> >

> I get lost here.  [send $2-freqs] goes in the abstraction or in the
> main patch? I dont understand how this works.

[send $2-freqs] would come into your freq-seq.pd abstraction patch.

 Arguments given to this abstraction, like [freq-seq $0 500],
can be retrieved as a float or a symbol (when it contains characters)
under the variable name $1 $2 $3 ..... $n when you have n arguments...

But you might want to look into pd/doc/2.control.examples, particulary
14.dollarsigns

--
Patrice Colet