[PD] GUI speed

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Sep 28 18:12:11 CEST 2010

On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Tue, 28 Sep 2010, Bernardo Barros wrote:
>> Is there already some benchmarks of the new puredata gui? Would be nice to
>> have it.
>
> It's nowhere close to being a rewrite : essentially, all of the code that you
> would benchmark has almost not changed since Pd 42.

I mean it hasn't changed much since way before that time : afair, Pd 38
was the last time there was a speed improvement, and it was due to the
addition of sys_queuegui. There were a number of bugfixes and other
changes not related to speed.

Much of the speed improvement that can be made, can only be made by
modifying Tk's source code itself (or switching to a different renderer).