[PD] find tempo

patko colet.patrice at free.fr
Tue Sep 28 21:51:48 CEST 2010

 Hello,

I'm looking for tricks or abstractions for finding the tempo of polyphonic musical sentences.

 I'm planning to use several instances of [bonk~] with settings that matches patterns from at least eight differents spectrum bandwidthes,
following some algorithms described in this paper:

http://igitur-archive.library.uu.nl/math/2006-0727-200320/Typke_04_search-method-for-notated-polyphonic-music-with-pitch-and-tempo-fluctuations.pdf

 But before writing some code I'd like to know if such project has been already done.

 I've used long ago an external that is able to find out a tempo following a musical sentence, I'd be glad to look at sourcefiles, for reproducing this work with pd internals,
but don't remember the name.

Kenavo

--
Patrice Colet