[PD] [out-of-the-blue] a neat GUI feature?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Sep 30 09:06:16 CEST 2010

On 2010-09-29 19:24, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2010, Max wrote:
>
>> why complicated metadata if you can already do [inlet~ channel1] and
>> [outlet activity] in an abstraction/subpatch? afaik arguments to those
>> objects currently are ignored, but i do use them sometimes to make me
>> remember their function.
>
> $1 $2 and $3 of [inlet~] and [outlet~] are already reserved for the
> resampling feature (specific to DSP). This feature was introduced a few
> years after the inlet-tooltip feature was introduced.

quite interesting remark.

i cannot remember exactly when the inlet-tooltio feature was introduced
(i only remember that one implementation was done during the coding
sprint at PdCon04; however i think that günter had an earlier
implemenation lying around...ah searching the archives i find that
günter has done an implementation in 2003:
http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2003-11/001797.html)

the up/downsampling feature, that - according to you email was
introduced a "few years after the inlet-tooltip", has been in Pd since
0.35.0 (the tar archive of which has time-stamps around 2002-07)

fgamsdr
IOhannes