[PD] [out-of-the-blue] a neat GUI feature? - Feature documentation

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 30 12:51:10 CEST 2010

> i cannot remember exactly when the inlet-tooltio feature was introduced
> (i only remember that one implementation was done during the coding
> sprint at PdCon04; however i think that günter had an earlier
> implemenation lying around...ah searching the archives i find that
> günter has done an implementation in 2003:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-dev/2003-11/001797.html)

so this (whatever it is) has been there for 6 years, and no one knew of
it? the same with the "dirty 0" message, which could have been very
helpful when using donecanvasdialog in the past (from 0.43 won't be
important anymore).

since some developers don't do their documentation (for whichever reason
it may be), would it make sense to create a wiki page where they can
delegate that function? for people that don't read code, these features
remain in oblivion until someone more or less by chance stumbles upon
them. I myself can offer to work on the help patches to document new,
obscure and useful functions.

João Pais