[PD] a really fast-to-read codec in linux?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Sep 30 13:40:18 CEST 2010

On Fri, 24 Sep 2010, palmieri, ricardo wrote:

> some tips to use hd videos under gridflow/gem?

gridflow isn't much designed for very high speed processing needed by HD
video. But note that although by default GridFlow uses grids that have
lots of headroom in it (and thus 'waste' 3/4 of the space), there are
options for higher efficiency. If you send the message "cast b" just after
an "open $1" to a [#in], you will get grids that are as compact as the
'rgba' and 'grey' formats of GEM, for example.

> i would like to hear experiences using HD video under pd.

I did not attempt to process anything in HD. I'm very much into making
complex real-time effects on very-low-resolution inputs (but i've also
used 720x480 sometimes long ago).