[PD] namecanvas obsolete? Why? Re: Dynamic Graph on Parent

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Sep 30 14:14:19 CEST 2010

On Thu, 30 Sep 2010, brandon zeeb wrote:

> What I'm seeing here is basically there is no currently supported way in
> vanilla pd to adjust GOP properties for a particular abstraction (not
> globally)?  If so, this is rather upsetting :(

In Pd's dynamic patching you have to put up with Miller telling you that
dynamic patching is not really supported, while the rest of the people use
dynamic patching on a daily basis. Get used to it, and don't worry.
Dynamic patching can't possibly disappear at this point. It's not the only
part of Pd that is said that it could change at any time, but haven't
really changed since Pd 35 or so.