[PD] [out-of-the-blue] a neat GUI feature?

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Fri Oct 1 14:56:26 CEST 2010

On Fri, 1 Oct 2010, Bernardo Barros wrote:

> A better model for the libs would be just to have packages, spreading
> the effort between people to maintain each package. And leaving space to
> develop the pd-core/pd-gut themselves.  Don't you think? Maybe I'm
> missing something.

We're not talking about the structure of pd-extended, we're talking about
the name. I say that it's better to call it "pcap" within Pd, meaning the
embodiment of the original "pcap" as a pd thing, and outside of Pd, it
should be known as "pd-pcap" instead, the hyphen meaning "pd's pcap".

> I didn't know about the incompatibility of BSD and GPL. This happens
> with all versions of BSD?

If you put any GPL code together with BSD code, the overall license will
be GPL, because you have to follow the terms of both licenses at once, all
the terms of BSD are in GPL, and none of the other terms of GPL are in
BSD. This doesn't change the license of any piece of code automatically,
it only changes what you can do on the whole project, as long as you keep
any GPL pieces in it.

> Mathieu, maybe we need a new project called PureFlow? :-)

Bernardo, maybe we need that you explain yourself.