[PD] Mix two video streams and add DSK

Alexandre Castonguay acastonguay at artengine.ca
Sun Oct 3 15:56:40 CEST 2010

  Hi Jamie,

The only experience I had with 2 simultaneous live feeds was with
Hauppage PCI cards (analog signal in @ 640 x 480).   Otherwise, DV input
works in GEM but I only had one available port.  With multiple live
feeds or heavy video manipulation, you have to expect decreased image
quality and latency, how much of it depends on your budget. It would be
cool to benchmark what the best speed/resolution available would be once
you build it.

Another solution is for the users to realize that there is intrinsic
value in latency and glitches (both aesthetic and political) and find a
way to somehow incorporate it in the work.  There is a good text on this
by one of the recent subscribers to the list.

Cheers,

Alexandre