[PD] ugly fonts under pdextended 0.42.5

michael noble looplog at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 04:59:52 CEST 2010

hi all,

I was testing out the new pd-extended builds over the weekend and
found a common problem with the Lucid, Maverick and Debian builds . No
matter what I tried, I could not get pdextended to load with anything
other than the chunky default font, sans anti-aliasing. I have Dejavu
family fonts installed on all the test systems. I also tried using the
-font-face switch but it didn't seem to make a difference. At first I
thought it was something I was doing, but after having the same
problem on three different systems, I am now wondering if anyone else
is having this issue. Am I missing something blindingly obvious?

-michael