[PD] PD on Atom Processors

Ingo Scherzinger ingo at miamiwave.com
Mon Oct 4 11:40:54 CEST 2010

You should definitely check how much power you need. I was running a similar
atom cpu (on another board) and it was giving me about 10% of the
performance that I got with a twice as fast AMD Athlon II X2 260. It could
barely run 2 (rather complex) sampler - voices compared to about 24 on the
other AMD box.
No tests with GEM, though!

Ingo

>Date: Sun, 3 Oct 2010 17:06:54 -0400
>From: "Ivica Ico Bukvic" <ico at vt.edu>
>Subject: Re: [PD] PD on Atom Processors
>To: " 'Felix Ob?e' " <felix at amphibiousthoughts.com>
>Cc: pd-list at iem.at
>
>FWIW L2Ork (http://l2ork.music.vt.edu <http://l2ork.music.vt.edu/> ) runs
entirely on >MSI Wind U100 netbooks with Atom processors. Everything works
just fine. You will >top off the CPU relatively quickly as these things are
not built for speed. Still, you >should get a decent amount of performance
out of them. I haven?t used much Gem >(yet) but did construct a few test
patches and it did behave perfectly fine, even with >Compiz on. The only
device that has shown some instability is wireless which can >occasionally
drop a wireless connection (although this may be simply because I am