[PD] jMax Phoenix

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Oct 4 20:40:24 CEST 2010

On Thu, 23 Sep 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> I thought it was in 0.43-- at least I'm using Pd version 0.42.5-extended
> and there isn't the autopatching feature.

This is one of the rare features of Pd-vanilla 42 that is disabled in
Pd-extended 42.

> I initially liked what I saw of the autopatching features in Desiredata,
> but I haven't tried them enough to judge.

It's not very related : you'd press a separate keyboard shortcut to
explicitly get an autopatched objects. That's not incompatible with users'
habits. Miller's implementation goes against the existing habits of users.

> I also seem to remember the possibility of increasing the mouse-over
> radius around each inlet so you don't have to be so precise to make a
> connection.

That applied to everything you could click on (and drag from or to) in a
canvas.