[PD] Res: Res: music made with Pd

Eduardo Patricio epatricio at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 5 13:40:34 CEST 2010

Thanks, Pedro

The main ideia is quite simple. I'm using 5 phase-vocoder modules to manipulate
small audio samples (using pd tables). The x joystick axis is directly connected
to the positions in the tables (so I have location control). The y axis controls
the pan.
The independent pitch control is mapped to the extra axis I control with my left
hand (in the back of the joystick).

As I have the same controls for all the 5 samples, there are some options to
create "diversity" and variation. Each module has some very simple (but
effective) resources: invert pan (then you can have symmetric movements), attack
and release times, momentary or non momentary behavior for the action buttons
(the 5 top buttons on the logitech attack3 joystick enables the pv modules),
intensity of pitch behavior, and pitch lock.

The use of audio samples with different morphological qualities can lead to
interesting results, but here in 'discos de cobre' I'm using very similar
percussion samples (screenshot).

I also have a reverb that can be applied to the resulting stereo image (not
available for the multichannel out), and a simple delay and a simple granulator
that can be programmed before the performance using a kind of
"wet-and-dry-time-based-slide-score".

Additional feature: 4 loop players to trigger pre-recorded material.

That's it. I hope I have being clear enough.

my best

Eduardo

Eduardo Patrício
http://www.eduardopatricio.com.br