[PD] jMax Phoenix

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 5 17:38:48 CEST 2010

On Mon, 4 Oct 2010, Jonathan Wilkes wrote:

> I do remember that in Desiredata you have to actually create the object
> with <ctrl-Enter> before you are able to autoconnect another one, which
> is an unnecessary step.

Ctrl-Enter doesn't do what you say it does. It introduces a newline in the
text you are writing. Somehow it used to be doing it correctly, but
stopped doing it correctly when the history feature was added to objectbox
edition (there were just too many features in DesireData : that one
overrode the normal use of the up and down arrows. I don't recall why we
did it like that.)

a plain Enter terminates the objectbox, which is a lot more convenient
than taking the mouse and find a spot where there's a piece of nothingness
you can click on so that your objectbox gets made without triggering any
other change by accident.

then in DesireData, a box you finished with Enter is also automatically
selected, and this selection is used in determining the origin of the
auto-connection done when making an objectbox with Ctrl-6 (six).