[PD] GEM pix_image and Ubuntu problem solved by thread 0 message

Dario Pedrioli dariopedrioli at gmail.com
Tue Oct 5 22:08:37 CEST 2010

Hi all,

we are under PD 0.42.5 - GEM 0.92.3 - Ubuntu 9.04 - NVIDIA Gtx 260
(proprietary driver 256.44)

we have a patch (a sort of circular slide show with the images reflected an
a plane) with 12 pix_image loading images of 1024 px *1024 px
The problem was: half the time we launch the patch some of the pix_image
(random number) fail to load the image (gray rectangle).

After few hours of debugging and web search we've found a workaround:
send a [thread 0( message to every pix_image to prevent the start of a new
thread for loading the images.

Someone know why this happen?

Anyhow, with this workaround we can display 120 images without problems and
now we are very happy (after some concern) - Many thanks to all you pd and
gem boys!