[PD] [PD-announce] Flexible Step Sequencers For Pd Vanilla

João Pais jmmmpais at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 8 11:19:57 CEST 2010

great. if you're interested, it's not that hard to change the amount of
"steps" in the display (either with data structures or simple canvas).
hope that you got the datebank loading properly. the next meeting should
be on the 19th, it's not completely sure yet.

João

> Hi,
>
> Following the Pd Berlin meeting last Tuesday, the guys encouraged me to
> share my patches.
>
> Here are my step sequencers for Pd vanilla. With a bit of imagination
> they can be used for many things other than beat/drum patterns. In the
> example patches you can see one used as a metro to drive the other
> sequencers which can lead to interesting groove/swing/shuffle sounds.
> Also to repetitively control parameters like filter cutoff/pitch/LFO
> rate/effects on synthesizers too. Connect them to each other to create
> conditionally generative randomness. All these methods are employed in
> the example patches.
>
> http://puredata.info/Members/saintidle/j-array-lane-pd-j-array-numbers-pd-j-array-metro.pd/
>
> Feedback welcome of course but I'm afraid they're supplied as is for you
> to use and abuse. I doubt I'll have the time to update/document them
> properly!
>

> Cheers,
>
> John Flynn.

Friedenstr. 58
10249 Berlin (Deutschland)
Tel +49 30 42020091 | Mob +49 162 6843570
Studio +49 30 69509190
jmmmpais at googlemail.com | skype: jmmmpjmmmp