[PD] pix_opencv for Mac OS X

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Sun Oct 10 18:31:25 CEST 2010

On Oct 9, 2010, at 11:08 PM, ydegoyon at gmail.com wrote:

> ola,
>
> this doesn't really answer to the 2 main questions :
>
> * will pure:dyne and pd-extended debian packages
> will be compatible ? ( i doubt it ),
> if so why make the work twice?

I hope they will be compatible, but that's up to the pure:dyne people
too.  There are four Pd people working in the Debian pkg-multimedia
team: IOhannes, Alexandre Quessy, Roman, and me.  That seems to be the
best place for collaborating on Debian packages, and that's where we
are submitting our packages.  So I hope that pure:dyne people will
also join there.

> * how will you install pd-extended on Mac OSX ?

That will remain the same, no changes.  Same with Windows.

.hc

> i don't get the future of pd-extended,
> i'm already lost enough in all pd branches
> and yes i think this community diverges.
>
> ciao,
> sevy
>

> Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
>>
>> From my point of view, if libraries are going to be bundled with Pd-
>> extended, then that library needs to be included in Debian. My
>> development effort is to making it easy for people to make,
>> distribute, and install their own libraries, so they don't need to
>> be included in Pd-extended to be easy to get and use.
>>
>> The video libraries tend to be the hardest for people to build
>> themselves, so it makes sense to have them included in a pre-
>> packaged way.  But Matju has done a good job of making Gridflow
>> easy to install as a standalone.
>>
>> .hc

"It is convenient to imagine a power beyond us because that means we
don't have to examine our own lives.", from "The Idols of
Environmentalism", by Curtis White