[PD] Vline~ subsample accuracy clarification

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 00:41:23 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-10 at 23:20 +0100, Oliver Larkin wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can someone explain to me how vline~ can "align the endpoints of the
> envelope, accurate to a fraction of a sample"

It simply means that the ramp also can start and end _between_ sample
boundaries (contrary to [line~] which only starts a ramp exactly on
block boundaries).

A ramp that increases by 1 each sample could look like this, when
starting exactly on the sample boundaries:

0  1  2  3  ...
t0 t1 t2 t3 ...

the same ramp delayed by a half sample would look like this:

0   0.5 1.5 2.5 ...
t0  t1  t2  t3  ...

Roman