[PD] Vline~ subsample accuracy clarification

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Oct 11 09:41:24 CEST 2010

On Sun, Oct 10, 2010 at 11:20:23PM +0100, Oliver Larkin wrote:
> Can someone explain to me how vline~ can "align the endpoints of the
> envelope, accurate to a fraction of a sample"
>
> I don't really see how that's possible. my guess is that it's somehow
> similar to the way interpolation is used in fractional delay lines,
> but I can't quite translate that idea to an envelope.

Claude said most, but I'd also recommend to read chapter "Audio and control
computations" in Miller's book, expecially this section on "Control streams":
http://www-crca.ucsd.edu/~msp/techniques/latest/book-html/node43.html

It explaines the time interpolation, too

Ciao
--
 Frank Barknecht            Do You RjDj.me?          _ ______footils.org__