[PD] [GEM] compilation error in fedora13

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 12 10:05:53 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-12 03:17, Jaime Oliver wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am getting the following error when running ./configure in the latest gem
> from svn:
>
> checking whether ln -s works... yes
> ./configure: line 3662: syntax error near unexpected token
> `REFERENCEPATH=$GEM_RTE_REFERENCEPATH'
> ./configure: line 3662: `REFERENCEPATH=$GEM_RTE_REFERENCEPATH'
>
> any idea what it means?

no, not really.
it's probably some problem with you /bin/sh (which shell are you using).

anyhow, the REFERENCEPATH is not needed anyhow, so you could just get
rid of the 2 offending lines in configure.ac (see attached patch),
re-run autoconf && ./configure

if this doesn't help, then the problem is probably elsewhere.
(just a wild guess: maybe you have to change 'GEM_CHECK_RTE()' to
'GEM_CHECK_RTE')

gmasdr
IOhannes