[PD] readanysf_duration_speed

oskoff lovich noishx at gmail.com
Tue Oct 12 11:09:34 CEST 2010

Hi August,

> 	Cool.  Abuse it, please.    But, what do you mean by crashing dsp?
> 	Ideally, readanysf~ shouldn't crash, ever.  Please let me know if it
> 	does.
>
> 	I'm not sure I understand you correctly.  Does it crash PD all
> 	together, or does it lock up your DSP?   The later could happen if
> 	your computer is too slow, I imagine.

Sorry for confusing; the crashed was with a lot readanysf~ at high
speed and a lot of other proccess running in extreme and for shure
that something i did wrong.... it is irrelevant this crashed....

But i test readanysf in more isolated conditions:

1) - Pd running at 44100 samplerate and default block size
    - Audio file 44100 stereo
    -readanysf~ with default creation arguments (samples per frame in
the internal buffer = 24)

   in this case working  in a good way  max speed= 20 or 25  up of this valours
   starting to "lock up" DSP and the loop mode doesn't work  and I have to
   push "stop" and then "play" but then start  at speed=1.......

2)  -with the same Pd samplerate  and audio file
     -readanysf~ with (sample per frame in the internal buffer=32 and
a blocksize= 256)
                              the same that in the help file..

    working much better i can play at speed=100-120

         -from speed=1 to speed=60 in this range it works perfect also
with the loop mode on
         -from speed=60 to speed=120 it is  more unestable, with some
glitches, and sometimes
           "lock up" DSP, when "lock up" the same that before ( the
loop mode doesn't work
             and I have to  push "stop" and then "play" and start to
play but at speed=1.......
             and "the procesor" go to 50/60%...

 I am in Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

          acer aspire 1810TZ
          Intel Pentium processor  SU4100    ( for shure this is not so fast)
          4GB ram

  readanysf~ 0.36

 oscar