[PD] [PD-announce] wrapping float counter

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Tue Oct 12 14:50:54 CEST 2010

On Sat, 9 Oct 2010, Ed Kelly wrote:

> A small but perfectly formed float counter.

What do you mean by « perfectly formed » ? What can this mean ?

> Quite simple, but bloody useful.

At five outlets, it's the most complex one I've ever seen.

It also has an argument order that I've never seen before : traditionally
one would write FOR x=0 TO 99 STEP 3 or for(x=0;x<=99;x+=3) or perhaps
0:3:99 in some other languages, but [fcount 3 0 99] is another occasion to
learn one of the 6 possible argument orders for 3 arguments (the 3 other
ones put the start value after the end value).