[PD] Latency under Linux/Jack (again...)

Raphael Raccuia rafael.raccuia at blindekinder.com
Tue Oct 12 16:27:18 CEST 2010

Hi list,
I tested Pd rt as I need low latency for a performance next week...
It seems -rt flag doesn't have any effect. I measured Pd latency with
jdelay, and always get 640 (@48000), so about 13ms (pd only)... lower I
set buffer in jack (no less than 256), more DIO errors I get... and
there are a lot! This setting works great with many application
(Ardour...), with about 10ms (~15 really). So I would have ~25ms, which
is acceptable, but too many DIO errors!

-what is -defeatrt setting? (I tried 0 and 1, no change)
-why is -rt flag without effect?
-tried nosleep, no change...

I also tried to start pd in root (sudo)...

It says:
priority 8 scheduling enabled.
priority 6 scheduling enabled.
(which I normally don't have)

but unfortunately can't connect to jack (state 17)

thank's for your help