[PD] PD panner

Andrew Faraday jbturgid at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 13 11:11:57 CEST 2010

You could try to keep it very simple, the [pan~] abstraction uses the midi range (0 - 127) to move a mono signal between two channels. If you give that an x axis co-ordinate and then have two other [pan~]'s, one out of each outlet and feed them both the same Y axis. Then the four outputs of the second two pans will be the four corners of your aural space. And panning left/right  or front/back will, in theory, move your mono sound source around your space.
This is tricky to then expand, or to express as degrees of rotation. But it should serve your purpose.
Andrew