[PD] error: resize failed

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Thu Oct 14 14:57:36 CEST 2010

Hi all

On Thu, 2010-10-14 at 09:32 +0200, tim vets wrote:

> 2010/10/14 William Brent <william.brent at gmail.com>
>         I actually lose sleep over this.  IOhannes had a helpful
>         response when
>         I brought it up a while ago, and you can follow the thread
>         here:
>
>         http://www.mail-archive.com/pd-list@iem.at/msg31748.html
>
>         Sounds like it won't be fixed anytime soon, so I just resize
>         the table
>         to the right amount manually beforehand.  Is there an extern
>         for
>         getting soundfile info (e.g., number of frames) without
>         actually
>         manage.
>

> I'll try your suggestion with [wavinfo].
> Thanks,
> Tim

Unfortunately in the Pd world, there are sometimes many object classes
trying to serve the same purpose. In the case of [wavinfo] there is also
[soundfile_info] from iemlib. The former does not seem to work very well
(it gives completely wrong numbers on certain files), while the latter
is working much better. Also [wavinfo] doesn't seem to be supported by
the author anymore, while in the case of [soundfile_info] bugs are still
being fixed. I strongly recommend to use [soundfile_info] over
[wavinfo].

Roman