[PD] -nogui = no sound

James Dunn james at 4thharmonic.com
Thu Oct 14 16:41:34 CEST 2010

Hi list,

I'm not getting any sound out of pd when running it with -nogui from the
command line. I have pdextended-0.42.5 running on Ubuntu 10.04.

running:

pdextended -nogui -open sound_test.pd

gives me:

/dev/dsp (read/write): Device or resource busy
(now will try write-only...)
/dev/dsp (writeonly): Device or resource busy
/dev/dsp (readonly): Device or resource busy
audio I/O stuck... closing audio

trying with:

pasuspender -- pdextended -nogui -open OSC_2012.pd

gives the same. It works with jack but I have lots of glitches with audio
and tried all the usual settings, including editing
/etc/security/limits.conf

Is there a way to get -nogui to work with OSS driver?

thanks

James