[PD] comport input

Felix Obée felix at amphibiousthoughts.com
Fri Oct 15 14:21:48 CEST 2010

hi together,

first of all: thanks for the help so far! i find this list extremely useful and patient with noobieness which is very motivating.

i want to communicate with my arduino via [comport] which has worked out as far as sending him something and getting it back. the arduinopuredatamessagesystem [1] was very helpful with that. maybe it could be integrated in some helpfile.
by the way: i don't understand how [makefile] converts numbers into their ascii character.

the [comport] help suggests that you can send bytes from 0-255 directly when sending a number into its inlet but it appears in my case the numbers were sent as ascii text, letting the interpret a three digit number as three different digits. writing this, i found that i have to convert the number into a message (arduino then accepts -128 to 127). is that something specific about the arduino or should the helpfile be updated?

grz
ff

[1] http://kiilo.org/tiki/tiki-download_wiki_attachment.php?attId=76&download=y, http://kiilo.org/tiki/tiki-index.php?page=Arduino-PureData-MessageSystem

Felix Obée