[PD] comport input

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at at.or.at
Fri Oct 15 15:44:06 CEST 2010

We welcome updates to help patches. Just submit them to the patch
tracker.  I think the comport patch could defintitely be improved and
exmaples are always useful.  I think you are getting confused by what
ASCII text is on the underlying level.  ASCII is a way of
interpretting byte values (0-255) as letters/characters.  serial ports
work with byte values (0-255), then you decide how they should be
interpreted (numeric values, ASCII, UTF-8, etc).

.hc