[PD] Clearing a delwrite~ (revisited)

Roman Haefeli reduzent at gmail.com
Sun Oct 17 19:51:05 CEST 2010

On Sun, 2010-10-17 at 08:39 -0700, Tyler Leavitt wrote:
> The problem is I've already written my patch for a delay line =)
>

> I also read that tables have some latency when using them in loopers
> (what I am doing)

You always have a latency of one block when doing recursion, no matter
if it's done with tables or delay lines. So either way you could achieve
the smallest possible latency by using 1 as a block size in the subpatch
that does the looping part.

If you force the order of [tabwrite~] and [tabread~] they introduce zero
latency (the same applies to [elwrite~] and [delread~]/[vd~]). However,
when doing recursion the order can only be 'read first' and 'write
afterwards'.

Roman