[PD] Clearing a delwrite~ (revisited)

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sun Oct 17 23:37:28 CEST 2010

On Sun, 17 Oct 2010, Roman Haefeli wrote:
> AFAIK, both, [vd~] and [tabread4~] do a 4-point interpolation. Or am I
> overseeing something?

Yes, they are both using the same interpolator, namely, Miller's poor
choice of using a Lagrange interpolation, where each piece is part of a
curve that goes through all four points, instead of picking what everybody
else would pick, that is, a Natural Spline interpolation, which instead
cares about the smooth transition from piece to piece (no sudden change of
slope).

There is [tabread4c~] that uses natural spline. Is there a replacement for
[vd~] already ? I'd like to compare, because my synth has a problem with
high-pitched harmonics being way too loud and I'd like to know whether
[vd~] is causing trouble there (it most likely makes a difference, but I
don't know which difference yet).