[PD] pix_film buffering

William Brent william.brent at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 05:37:28 CEST 2010

Hi,

Can someone help me get a basic idea of how pix_film buffers video
files?  I made a patch for cueing up sections of a large video (60
minutes, at a ridiculous resolution of 3840 x 1080), and I'm wondering
if there's anything I should be aware of in order to minimize the
delay involved with jumping to specific points.  Does pix_film buffer
a certain number of frames before it starts playback?  I'm using
[line] into the right inlet to play through the requested range of
frames.

--
William Brent
www.williambrent.com

“Great minds flock together”
Conflations: conversational idiom for the 21st century

www.conflations.com