[PD] reverb in pd

Claude Heiland-Allen claudiusmaximus at goto10.org
Wed Oct 20 19:07:08 CEST 2010

On 20/10/10 16:20, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010, ronni montoya wrote:
>
>> Hello, i was trying freeverb in pd and i dont like how it sounds. I
>> was wondering if there are any other reverb objects or externals that
>> sound better. Any idea?
>
> I'm still pretty much just using [delread~] and [vd~], with multipliers
> like [*~ 0.95] and [*~ -0.95] for example... afair, natural echo is
> modelled by a negative multiplier. each 30 centimetres span needs 1 ms.
> don't forget that if one delay is less than a block size you need a
> subpatch and [block~].

A while ago I made a reverb with 16 delay lines using iemmatrix and lua
(and possibly other externals), the concept was "4D room simulation" or
something along those lines - not sure how accurate my maths was but it
sounds nice to my ears...:

svn co https://code.goto10.org/svn/maximus/2008/hverb/

http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/feed/media/ClaudiusMaximus_-_HyperShoeBoxen.ogg
http://claudiusmaximus.goto10.org/feed/media/ClaudiusMaximus_-_Corridor_Pacing.ogg