[PD] soft-edging with multiple projectors/GEM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 21 11:11:53 CEST 2010

On 2010-10-21 10:45, cyrille henry wrote:
> hello,
>
> one solution is to render your scene in a big framebuffer.
> (if you use 3 screen of 1024x768, and a 100 pixel overlap, then you need
> a 3x1024-2x100 pixel wide framebuffer)
>
> then render this frambuffer as a texture on 3 rectangle, using
> pix_coordinate in order to keep only the desire part of the image.
> the black fade can be made with shader or texture as you prefer.

afaik (being somewhat involved in the project), this is not really
peter's problem.
he is already rendering into a big framebuffer.

the question is rather, whether someone has a ready-made solution for
displaying the image on multiple overlapping projectors, that they want
to share. (if it is simple enough, it could go into the Gem/examples/...
think of all the fame!!!!)

the last solution we used for that (on 8 overlapping projectors), had a
proprietary license and could only be setup by the developers... so we
are looking for something more simple and open.

fgmasdr
IOhannes

PS: note the slight change in wording in my email, from "peter" in the
beginning to "we" in the end. it's somewhat unintentional :-)