[PD] line: grain rate and delta

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 21 17:11:12 CEST 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, tim vets wrote:

> Hi all,I'm a bit confused about the grain rate of [line] the help says
> that 'the default grain rate is 20 ms' however, when I connect a [delta]
> to a [line], it shows zero's,  while inserting a [speedlim 20] changes
> that. also some other tests in attached patch. can someone explain ?

What's this [delta] thing ? There are several externals with the same
name, and none of them is named just [delta] in pd-extended.

Instead I used [b]-[fps, mode logical], is that what you mean ?

In your case, 20 ms is an edge case, because [line] is told to reset
immediately, at the same logical time as it just output its second value
of the ramp. If you try with 19.999 ms it's different already.