[PD] line: grain rate and delta

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Thu Oct 21 17:46:15 CEST 2010

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 21, 2010 at 11:11:12AM -0400, Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
>> Instead I used [b]-[fps, mode logical], is that what you mean ?
>
>  [t b b]
>  |     |
>  [timer]
>
> would be a line-rate-check that doesn't require any externals. See attachement.

But this doesn't show what [fps, mode logical] does.

[fps] tells you how many bangs per second, as an average over each second
(or other period of your choice), whereas if there's a pair of bangs every
20 ms, your thing will always display 0, which is especially why I didn't
use it. Well, it's not like [fps] is absolutely better : what's absolutely
better is to use both tools at once, as this is how you get the most info
about what's going on.