[PD] OSC messages without /

Leandro da Mota Damasceno lemota at gmail.com
Thu Oct 21 19:26:24 CEST 2010

Hey guys

So, I am working with a Max/MSP standalone application that sends OSC
messages through UDP, but it's not using any / signs in the beginning of the
message. So I'm getting the following in PD

unpackOSC: Path doesn't begin with "/", dropping message

Like, a lot. It just ignores the messages because of the lack of the "/".
Since the standalone application was made by Max/MSP users, they ignored
this apparent limitation on PD. In fact, I tried in Max/MSP with a
udpreceive object linked to a route and it already got me results.

So, the question is... Is there any workaround I could try in PD?

Best

Leandro