[PD] Guitar distortion (analogue) was: (Chebyshev?)

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Sat Oct 23 17:34:12 CEST 2010

This is very interesting. Although i must confess that i have no idea how to
model your feedback loop in Pd.
As for the lp filter, i have never used an upsampled filter. Is it enough if
i use the filter built in Miller's J07 Upsampling example? It's a 3rd order
butterworth lp and the subpatch is upsampled 16 times.
More generally, what is the best way to split a signal into low and high
frequencies? I thought of using fft, with, say, a gain equal to 1 for
frequencies between 0 and X Hz, and equal to 0 above. Would this work? This
would be the sharpest lp filter, wouldn't it?

Pierre