[PD] reverb in pd

saint saintidle at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 24 23:43:31 CEST 2010

Hi Pierre,

I'm not exactly the best to answer this but seeing as nobody else will I'll give it a go!

I believe the 'partitioned' part of the phrase refers to the fact that the impulse response is is split up and then convolved in sections, with appropriate delays added to each resulting chunk of sound when mixed back in, making it easier and quicker for the CPU to process.

There's a good explanation here - http://www.ludd.luth.se/~torger/brutefir.html#bruteconv

I hope that Bricasti link worked for you!

Cheers,

John.