[PD] sample playback question

Pierre Massat pimassat at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 09:13:35 CEST 2010

hi,
I m not sure what you're trying to achieve...
If you need the same sample to overlap with itself i think you'll need two
phasor~ objects to read from your table. You can "reset" a phasor~, that is
force it to start from 0 again, by sending 0 to it's right inlet. So if you
send 0 to both they will play your sample together, and if you send 0 to one
phasor only the sample will overlap. The question is : how do you want them
to overlap? Is there a precise timing?

Another way to make a sample overlap is to use a single phasor~ object
reading the same table from two different channels. See example in attaches
patch.

Pierre