[PD] read Puredata array/table data from another app?

tim vets timvets at gmail.com
Tue Oct 26 20:04:43 CEST 2010

2010/10/26 padovani <zepadovani.lists at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> is there a way to access a PD array from another app?
>
> I'm trying to do some visualizations from arrays in Processing and in
> openFrameworks and have managed to send 256 floats tables (with [switch~])
> per DSP block through OSC: anyway, OSC is not build to manage streams, but
> to send control messages...
>
> What are the other options to do this?
>
> Hi José,
how fast do the updates have to be?
you could just use soundfiler to write the table to disk so the other app
can access it from there?
another option (at least in linux) i can think of is making a 'named pipe',
but I never did that myself.
maybe yet another solution could be streaming audio via jack ? although I'm
not sure if processing and openFrameworks can talk to that.
gr,
Tim

(OBS: I would like to receive the data with no compression)